Sore throat remedies often come in useful when one is afflicted by the common cold or flu. A.Vogel’s Sore Throat spray is made from the well known herbal remedy Echinaforce® combined with Sage tincture and is a herbal remedy used to relieve sore throat symptoms.
How to use
This Sore Throat spray may be used by adults (over 18 years of age) and the elderly. As a sore throat remedy, apply 2 sprays to the back of the throat, six to ten times daily. Do not breathe in during application.
Echinaforce® Sore Throat spray comes in a bottle with a specially designed pump spray: ·
- Before first use, activate the spray by pressing the pump 2 or 3 times. To use the spray, shake the bottle well, place the nozzle just inside the mouth, pointing towards the back of the throat and press the pump.
As with other sore throat remedies, do not use this product to treat your sore throat for longer than 7 days. This is because if your symptoms persist for this period of time, you should see a doctor or other healthcare practitioner.
Echinaforce® Sore Throat spray is part of their range of herbal remedies for treating the symptoms of colds and flu. It is available in a 30ml bottle, with a specially designed spray nozzle which delivers the herbal extracts to the back of the throat. It has a cooling, minty flavour.
Each 1ml of Echinaforce® Sore Throat spray contains:
- 863.3mg of tincture from fresh Echinacea purpurea herb
- 45.5mg of tincture from fresh Echinacea purpurea root
- 430mg of tincture from fresh Sage leaves
This herbal remedy also contains sorbitol (407mg), ethanol (370mg), soy lecithin (20mg), peppermint oil (5.0mg) and sucrose laurate (5mg).
Echinacea is native to North America but now cultivated extensively in Europe. It is one of our most popular herbs and used traditionally to treat the symptoms of colds and flu, including sore throats. Sage is also one of our best known traditional remedies. It too has a history of use for treating sore throats.
The plants used to produce Echinaforce® Sore Throat spray are cultivated organically in Switzerland at A.Vogel's own herb farms.
Do not use Echinaforce® Sore Throat spray if you are:
- Allergic to echinacea, sage, peanuts, soya or any of the ingredients in the product
- Using immunosuppressant medication
Like all herbal remedies, Echinaforce® Sore Throat spray can give rise to side effects, although not everybody gets them. Side effects may include:
- Rash in the mouth and a burning sensation of the throat
- Allergic reactions, including skin reactions
If you are concerned about any side effect whilst taking Echinaforce® Sore Throat spray, or if you notice any side effect(s) not listed, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.